- Below average storm activity with fewest named storms since 1993
- No impacts on Anna Maria Island
- No landfalls on Florida
- A record 65-straight hurricanes in the Atlantic have missed Florida
- Last storm (Wilma) to hit Florida was 10 year ago, an all time record lull.
- 1 Gulf of Mexico storm (TS Bill)
- 1 US mainland landfall (TS Ana, pre hurricane season)
- 2 major hurricanes (Cat 3 Danny and Cat 4 Joaquin)
|Atlantic Hurricane Season||April 2015 forecast||2015 Actual|
|Named storms (>35mph)||7||11|
|Major hurricanes (>111mph)||1||2|
|US landfall likelihood||28%||9%|
|Gulf Coast landfall||15%||9%|
The Named Storms:
Ana – Tropical Storm, May 8-11. Earliest on record. Landfall North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Bill – Tropical Storm, June 16-18. Landfall Matagorda Island, Texas.
Claudette – Tropical Storm, July 13-14
Danny – Hurricane Cat 3, August 18-24
Erika – Tropical Storm, August 25-29, impacting Dominica, Guadalupe, Puerto Rico, and Haiti.
Fred – Hurricane Cat 1, August 30 to September 6, first ever impact on Cape Verde Islands.
Grace – Tropical Storm, September 5-9
Henri – Tropical Storm, September 8-11
Ida – Tropical Storm, September 18-27
Joaquin – Hurricane Cat 4, September 28 to October 8, impacting Bahamas, and sinking cargo ship El Faro.
Kate – Tropical Storm, November 9-12