Bayfest returns for 2010 in Anna Maria. The always popular event will be held October 15th, 5pm to 10pm and 16th, 10am to 10pm at Pine Ave in Anna Maria City, at the north end of Anna Maria Island.
This year’s features include:
- Bayfest Children’s Fishing Tournament
- Classic Car Show and Oldies DJ
- Taste of the Island Food Court
- Over 100 Art, Craft, and Retail Vendors
- Music and live bands both Friday and Saturday
The childrens’ play area at the Roser Church parking lot will hold demonstrations, games and activities. All money raised at the kid’s area will go to neglected and abused children.
Food vendors keep all of their revenue and there is no charge for non-profit organizations, but the Chamber makes enough to cover the cost of hosting Bayfest and hopes to award 3 local students scholarships towards college business degrees.
This 2010 Bayfest on Anna Maria Island marks the 10th anniversary of the festivity.