Public Meeting: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 5 – 7pm
Saint Bernard Catholic Church, 2484 S Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach
Florida Department of Transportation will hold a public meeting before construction begins on the Anna Maria Island Bridge Rehab project.
The meeting is to give residents, business owners, etc., a chance to see what construction activities are planned, meet construction staff, and obtain more information on the project and any potential impacts. A slide presentation will be given, handouts made available, and interested parties can ad their name to the project-specific database.
Anna Maria Island Bridge on State Road 64, Manatee Avenue West, over Sarasota Bay
- Repair of concrete deck, railing, beams, piers, piles,seawalls, and bascule span counterweights including removal of PCB contaminated pier concrete.
- Resurfacing of deteriorated deck concrete
- Repair of bascule span steel including strengthening and replacement of main load carrying members, steel deck, sidewalk, and railings.
- Re-balancing span
- Cleaning and painting steel including lead abatement
- Renovation of concrete tender house
- Reconditioning of the drive machinery including replacement of machinery frame and components
- Replacement of span locks
- Replacement of entire electrical power and control system
Contractor: Quinn construction Inc
Construction Management: PB Americas Inc
Commencement: Feb 2008
Bridge Closure: Sep 29 for 45 days maximum
Public Information Officer: Audrey Clarke firstname.lastname@example.org