The 4th annual ArtsHOP Tour 2010 of art and theater on Anna Maria Island is being held Friday, Saturday and Sunday November 12 –14. The ArtsHOP event features a festival of local artists on a tour of locations presenting artworks and productions.
Similar to the very popular annual Island Tour of Homes, the ArtsHOP Tour comprises exhibits and demonstrations at featured participating art and cultural venues.
By picking up a ‘Passport’, visitors getting 6 or more venue stamps can get 20% off at Sandbar, BeacHhouse, or Mar Vista restaurants, and by turning in the passport at AMI Art League or The Studio by 8:45pm Friday be in a drawing for $150 of art supplies from Keeton’s of Bradenton.
Numbered from the north end these are the locations of events:
- The Studio at Gulf and Pine, 10101 Gulf Drive
- Island Historical Museum, 402 Pine Ave
- Island Playhouse, 10009 Gulf Drive
- Ginny’s and Jane E’s, 9807 Gulf Drive
- Three Island Monkeys, 9801 Gulf Drive
- Crosspointe Fellowship, 8605 Gulf Drive
- Anna Maria Island Butterfly Park, 5801 Marina Drive
- Beach Style Recycled, 5500 Marina Drive
- Artists’ Guild Gallery, 5414 Marina Drive
- Island Gallery West, 5368 Gulf Drive
- Tide and Moon Jewelry, 5337 Gulf Drive
- Island Tattoo, 5337 Gulf Drive
- AMI Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd
- Emerson Quillin, 5306 Holmes Blvd
- Manatee County Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive
- Back Alley, 121 Bridge Street
Special events are scheduled for the 3-day festival.
- Friday: 5 – 9pm Gallery Walk, complimentary refreshments, live music, art demonstrations, prizes. Silent auction at the Studio on Gulf and Pine of “Calling All Artists” turtle-themed art exhibit. Demonstration at Artists Guild Gallery of polymer clay jewelry process. Demonstrations at Anna Maria Island Art League of floor cloth painting and wire sculpture. Vignettes and sketches at Island Playhouse 8pm ($15).
- Saturday: book-signing by Carolynne Norwood’s “Anna Maria Island 1940 to 1970” 10am – noon & 2 – 4pm Island Historical Museum. Silent auction at the Studio on Gulf and Pine of “Calling All Artists” turtle-themed art exhibit. Vignettes and sketches at Island Playhouse 8pm.
- Sunday: Arts and craft fare 10am – 4pm AMI Butterfly Garden. Concert by Anna Maria Island Concert Orchestra and Chorus 2pm ($20). Drum Circle at Manatee County Public Beach 5:30pm – sunset.
The ArtsHOP 2010 weekend is sponsored by local businesses and organized by Cultural Connections representing Anna Maria Island arts and cultural groups.