- The 2013 Atlantic hurricane season was the least active season so far this century, and
the quietest on record since 1950.
- No effects on Anna Maria Island.
- 1 storm made US landfall in NW Florida (T.S. Andrea).
- 2 hurricanes barely reached Cat 1 (Humberto, Ingrid).
- Season’s latest recorded hurricane since 1960 (Humberto, September 11th).
- Fewest hurricanes per named storms in historical records.
- No “major hurricanes” (Cat 3 or higher).
- Lowest Accumulated Cyclone Energy since 1983.
|Atlantic Hurricane Season||June 2013 forecast||2013 Actual|
|Named storms (>35mph)||18||13|
|Major hurricanes (>111mph)||3||0|
|US landfall likelihood||72%||7%|
|Gulf Coast landfall||47%||7%|
The Named Storms
Andrea – Tropical Storm, June 5-7, 55kn wind, landfall ‘Big Bend’ of Florida.
Barry – Tropical Storm, June 17-19, 40kn wind, landfall Belize; then Veracruz, Mexico.